NEW YORK , June 29, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Immunic, Inc. (Nasdaq: IMUX), a biotechnology company developing a clinical pipeline of orally administered, small molecule therapies for chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, today announced participation in the following scientific and investor conferences in July:
- July 6-8: Symposium 234: Mucosal Immunology – A Translational View into the Clinic. Martina Wirth, Ph.D., Manager Translational Pharmacology at Immunic, will present preclinical data and data from the company's phase 1b clinical trial of IMU-856 in celiac disease in an e-poster, and during a poster pitch session, at this conference in Potsdam, Germany. The poster presentation will be available on the "Events and Presentations" section of Immunic's website at: https://ir.imux.com/events-and-presentations.
- Title: First in Human Trial of IMU-856, an Orally Available Epigenetic Modulator of Barrier Function and Regeneration for the Treatment of Celiac Disease
- Abstract ID: S234_1026
- ePoster Number: 42
- Session: VIII – Poster pitches session
- Date: Friday, July 7, 2023
- Time: 4:20 pm CET (10:20 am ET)
- July 11-12: SVB Securities Therapeutics Forum. Daniel Vitt, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer and President of Immunic, will participate in one-on-one investor meetings at this conference in New York.
- July 15-19: 47th Annual International Herpesvirus Workshop. Immunic's collaboration partner will present a poster and participate in a satellite workshop at this conference in Missoula, Montana. The poster presentation will be accessible on the "Events and Presentations" section of Immunic's website at: https://ir.imux.com/events-and-presentations.
- Title: Selective Small Molecules Directed to Nuclear Receptor RORγ Isoform 1 Exhibit a Broad Antiviral Potential Through Metabolic Restriction of Virus Replication
- Abstract ID: 202
- Poster Number: P8.32
- Poster Session: Poster Session 02, Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 7:00-9:00 pm MDT
- Poster Session Location: Adams Center Ancillary Gyms
- Satellite Presentation: Session "Intervention", Saturday, July 15, 2023, 1:00 pm MDT
- Satellite Presentation Location: UC 3 Theater
- Presenting Author: Dr. Friedrich Hahn, Institute for Clinical and Molecular Virology, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany (co-authored by Immunic)
- July 20: Immunic's Celiac Disease KOL Roundtable. Immunic's management will be joined by two renowned key opinion leaders to discuss ongoing active celiac disease and its high unmet medical need for new treatment options, in a webcast on Thursday, July 20, 2023, at 8:00 am ET. Featured key opinion leaders will be:
- Ciarán P. Kelly, M.D., J Thomas LaMont Professor of Gastroenterology, Director Celiac Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Joseph A. Murray, M.D., Professor of Medicine, Director, Celiac Disease Research, John and Shirley Berry Professor of Gastrointestinal Sciences, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
The Celiac Disease KOL Roundtable will be held virtually via Zoom. To participate, please register in advance at: https://imux.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_m-d7ddH1SDqFWc7alKSiKA. Registrants will receive a confirmation email containing a link for online participation or a telephone number for dial in access. An archived replay of the webcast will be available on the "Events and Presentations" section of Immunic's website at: https://ir.imux.com/events-and-presentations.
About Immunic, Inc.
Immunic, Inc. (Nasdaq: IMUX) is a biotechnology company developing a clinical pipeline of orally administered, small molecule therapies for chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The company's lead development program, vidofludimus calcium (IMU-838), is currently in phase 3 and phase 2 clinical trials for the treatment of relapsing and progressive multiple sclerosis, respectively, and has shown therapeutic activity in phase 2 clinical trials in patients suffering from relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis and moderate-to-severe ulcerative colitis. Vidofludimus calcium combines neuroprotective effects, through its mechanism as a first-in-class nuclear receptor related 1 (Nurr1) activator, with additional anti-inflammatory and anti-viral effects, by selectively inhibiting the enzyme dihydroorotate dehydrogenase (DHODH). IMU-856, which targets the protein Sirtuin 6 (SIRT6), is intended to restore intestinal barrier function and regenerate bowel epithelium, which could potentially be applicable in numerous gastrointestinal diseases, such as celiac disease, where it is currently in preparations for a phase 2 clinical trial. IMU-381, which currently is in preclinical testing, is a next generation molecule being developed to specifically address the needs of gastrointestinal diseases. For further information, please visit: www.imux.com.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains "forward-looking statements" that involve substantial risks and uncertainties for purposes of the safe harbor provided by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements, other than statements of historical facts, included in this press release regarding strategy, future operations, future financial position, future revenue, projected expenses, sufficiency of cash, expected timing, development and results of clinical trials, prospects, plans and objectives of management are forward-looking statements. Examples of such statements include, but are not limited to, statements relating to management's and employee's participation in scientific and investor conferences. Immunic may not actually achieve the plans, carry out the intentions or meet the expectations or projections disclosed in the forward-looking statements and you should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. Such statements are based on management's current expectations and involve substantial risks and uncertainties. Actual results and performance could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of many factors, including, without limitation, the COVID-19 pandemic, increasing inflation, impacts of the Ukraine – Russia conflict on planned and ongoing clinical trials, risks and uncertainties associated with the ability to project future cash utilization and reserves needed for contingent future liabilities and business operations, the availability of sufficient financial and other resources to meet business objectives and operational requirements, the fact that the results of earlier preclinical studies and clinical trials may not be predictive of future clinical trial results, the protection and market exclusivity provided by Immunic's intellectual property, risks related to the drug development and the regulatory approval process and the impact of competitive products and technological changes. A further list and descriptions of these risks, uncertainties and other factors can be found in the section captioned "Risk Factors," in the company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2022, filed with the SEC on February 23, 2023, and in the company's subsequent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Copies of these filings are available online at www.sec.gov or ir.imux.com/sec-filings. Any forward-looking statement made in this release speaks only as of the date of this release. Immunic disclaims any intent or obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made. Immunic expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this press release.
Head of Investor Relations and Communications
+49 89 2080 477 09
US IR Contact
Rx Communications Group
+1 917 633 7790
US Media Contact
+1 617 974 8659
SOURCE Immunic, Inc.